Spill Evaluation #3 – Sept. 30, 2013

Spill Online Evaluation #3 – Sept. 30, 2013  Please use complete sentences.  Responses are due by Oct. 4th.

1.  Describe in your own words your current position on The Spill.

2.  In your opinion, why did you select this particular position for this rotation? Please be honest.

3.  What are some ways we could improve your current position?

4.  Critique the current status of the show?  What do we do well?  What areas could we improve?

About the Author

Scott Webb
AV Production Teacher - Walker Valley High School - Cleveland, Tennessee. Host of the WV SportsZone and The Finish Line on Talk 101.3 The Buzz. Scott is married to Jessica, a 3rd Grade teacher at Charleston Elementary, and has two kids: Megan and Tyler (both WVHS graduates). Contact Scott via email - swebb@bradleyschools.org

12 Comments on "Spill Evaluation #3 – Sept. 30, 2013"

1. 1. I am in charge of getting the opening ready for the show
    2. It is something that I haven’t done yet so I wanted to try something new
    3. Try to get a new opening done and work with Pro Presenter more
    4. The basics we have that down pat of what it is to do an ok show but we have got to start the show earlier than we do now and he need to get better so that we can do a good show

2. William Dickinson | October 4, 2013 at 7:22 am | Reply

1.I run the audio board during the show and set up the cameras and lights before the show.

2.I had yet to do the audio board and wanted a hands-on job after doing word of the day.

3.I can’t think of anything The Spill could do for my job, but I could do a better job of avoiding camera cord tangles and setting up the camera angles for the show.

4.We’ve been steadily improving on the show, and have done great in comparison to our first week. Some days we get a bit sloppy and do our jobs way past the time we should, but that’s nothing that can’t (hopefully) be fixed.

3. Jordyn Joyner | October 4, 2013 at 7:23 am | Reply

1. I was a main host.
    2. I enjoy working as a main host because there’s always something to be done, and all the other jobs were taken.
    3. I could get more interviews.
    4. I think the show is going well, we could try to start earlier so more things would be seen before the bell.

4. I’m doing weather this rotation!
    I’m doing weather because I enjoy doing weather.
    I could improve my current position by making sure that the radar is pulled up. I will do this, even though it has never been the weather host’s responsibility to do so. Ever. In the history of the Spill.
    We could improve by proofreading teleprompters and getting ready sooner.

5. chandler jenkins | October 4, 2013 at 7:26 am | Reply

1.I did podcast this past week, I did the interviews for the spill podcast on the radio
    2. it is something I have never done so I wanted to try it and learn about podcasting
    3.do interviews on the mac with audacity and put them together to be on ITunes.
    4. we do good in my opinion but we could always have room for improvements!

6. brycen thomas | October 4, 2013 at 7:27 am | Reply

1.i am in charge of live text. which means I get all the announcements ready for the show.
    2. to get the hardest on over with. and be able to pick something easy next time.
    3. make more back grounds
    4.we could improve on getting stuff ready earlier and not be rushed

7. 1. Describe in your own words your current position on The Spill.
    I am in Podcast. I make podcasts.

2. In your opinion, why did you select this particular position for this rotation? Please be honest.
    I liked it last year and also because the position I had originally planned on getting was taken.

3. What are some ways we could improve your current position?
    We could make it easier to actually make the podcasts, I guess.

4. Critique the current status of the show? What do we do well? What areas could we improve?
    5/5 STARS. WE ARE THE BEST. I HATE CHS LIVE. WE ARE AWESOME AND DO EVERYTHINGLY PERFECTLY.

8. Trevor Brantley | October 4, 2013 at 7:32 am | Reply

1. Commercial/video creator for the commercial break.

2. I do not really want to host, and I like to make commercials.

3. Come up with more ideas quicker and be able to make 2 or 3 a week.

4. The basic part of the show is solid, we need to improve on transitions between hosts, commercials, and interviews.

9. Sarah Kate Harris | October 4, 2013 at 7:42 am | Reply

1. I did host this rotation.
    2. Host is enjoyable and fun for me because I got to talk on the camera.
    3. By having my own segment lol 🙂
    4. We have very good shows. The only way we could get any better is by having a coffee machine.

10. Ashlyn Williams | October 4, 2013 at 7:52 am | Reply

1. Last rotation I was main host.
    2. I selected this job because it was the only job left when I went to sign up for my rotation.
    3. Ways we could improve the host position could be making host read over teleprompter before the show, having host rotate daily on who hosts so the same people aren’t hosting every day, making sure that we get more interviews, and having a different host do the teleprompter each day.
    4. I think we need to start the show earlier every day, there needs to be a deadline of what time things need to be exported by, and make more commercials. I think we do a good basic show each day.

11. 1. I did the commercial break and you have to edit the entire commercial break that occurs in between when the hosts speak.

2. I picked commercial break because I wanted to learn more about editing.

3. By being creative with commercial break and making it interesting.

4. I think we do good, it gets better over time.

12. My job this rotation was sports.
    I picked sports because I very much enjoy watching and discussing sports, as well as interviewing people about the team.
    The sports position could be improved if we showed highlights from the sporting events of the week.
    I think the show should be started earlier and that jobs should be completed on time.