Project #3 Evaluation

Broadcasting I Students:

Please answer the following questions.  Students must answer all questions in complete sentences and use broadcasting vocabulary.  Please use an email address that you currently use.  – Coach Webb

1. Explain how did you shot the “Doubles” portion of your video.
  2. Name the camera angles used in your portion of the video.
  3. What was the most difficult part of shooting the “doubles” sequence?
  4. What was the most difficult part of editing the “doubles” sequence?
  5. Describe the most challenging part of the editing phase.
  6. List three things that you could have done to make the video flow better?
  7. What was your favorite video (it doesn’t have to be your own)? Why?
  8. What did you learn from other videos that you can use in your next project?

About the Author

Scott Webb
AV Production Teacher - Walker Valley High School - Cleveland, Tennessee. Host of the WV SportsZone and The Finish Line on Talk 101.3 The Buzz. Scott is married to Jessica, a 3rd Grade teacher at Charleston Elementary, and has two kids: Megan and Tyler (both WVHS graduates). Contact Scott via email - swebb@bradleyschools.org

35 Comments on "Project #3 Evaluation"

1. 1. I did the “Doubles” portion of our video using camera angles and screen composition.

2. We used medium close up shots, chest shots, close ups, and full body shots in my portion of the video.

3. The most difficult part of shooting was trying to keep the camera in the exact same position.

4. The most difficult part of editing the video was making the video flow well.

5.The most difficult part of the editing phase was keeping everything organized.

7. My favorite video was the one Miranda’s group did. The story was interesting and the video was well done.

8. I learned that more incorporating different camera angles makes the video more interesting.

2. 1) The way I did the doubles portion of the video was using cropping, and over the shoulder shots.
    2) I used over the shoulder shots, and two shots.
    7) My favorite video was “Twins Day” because it was cropped very well.
    8) I learned that I can use more effects in my videos.

3. 1. We took two different shots and put them in order and sometimes we put them together.
    2. Close up, Long shot, and over the shoulder.
    3. To make it look like they were side by side and they actually look like they were in a real conversation.
    4. It would have to be the editing faze to make the whole video look smooth and in order.
    5. The idea faze we couldn’t decide what we should doo so we got some help from our friends to decide.
    6. Better doubles scenes, Less bloopers, and more music.
    7. So far yes It has cause we got to talk to ourselves acting like we were in insane.
    8. Take more time on each of our scenes to make them better than what they were.

4. 1) we did this through angles.
    2)close-up
    3)keeping track of the conversation
    4)putting them in the right order
    5)music
    6)better double scene, less bloopers, and more music
    7) the dragging scene I came up with it but didn’t mean to be as funny as it was
    8)take more time to act better go over the scenes that we have to see if we can do it better

5. 1- We did cropping effect.
    2- Low, mediu, and high.
    3- Getting the camera to stay in the same position.
    4- Cutting it at jist the right moment.
    5- Adding in the edits and extras.
    6- Stop making it too choppy.
    7- I would have to say the Carrer Management.
    8- I guess the conversation pecies.

6. 1. We used camera angles and editing
    2. Medium close up and chest shots
    3.People returning from lunch and get in the shot
    4. Getting the sounds to match up
    5. When we edited to where there were two of us on the screen but it didn’t line up
    6. Timing, organization, and location
    7.Career Management, the concept of it was interesting.
    8. Use more angles

7. 1 I used camera angles for the doubles project
    2 the camera angles I used were extreme close up, close up, medium close up, and regular shot
    3 none of it was rely hard to shoot
    4 deciding the music was the most difficult part in editing
    5 the editing phase was to to hard
    6 we needed to make sure there is not any back ground noise
    7 Austin Normans video was the best I just liked his video
    8 I learned that I need to use less music

8. Miranda heifner | October 22, 2013 at 11:50 am | Reply

1. When we wanted both an actor and their double to be on screen, we had them act out the scene once on one side of the frame, then act it out again on the other side as their double. Then we would edit them together. We also used camera angles.
    2. We used close up, low angle, medium close up, and two shot for my portion of the video.
    3. We had to make sure we didn’t accidentally bump or move the camera while shooting a scene that we would later crop because we didn’t want to mess anything up. That was really frustrating because sometimes we had to start over.
    4.Because we had one actor acting as two people, it was hard to tell when they were playing themselves and when they were playing their double, which made it hard to quickly put clips in order.
    5: The hardest part for me, as the usual “main editor” of our group, was sitting back and letting the other members edit their parts. They did a good job, but I just really like editting.
    6: We could have used some better transitions or fades, put titles saying “the next day” between some scenes, and added a scene in between the “explanation” and “escape” scenes to make the story flow better.
    7: My favorite video was where the group met their future selves. I just thought it was a really cool concept and I was kind of jealous of their idea.
    8:What did you learn from other videos that you can use in your next project? I learned how to shoot video from an extremely high angle to use as “servailance” type footage.

9. 1. We shot the doubles part by using different camera angles to create the effect that there really were two people on the screen that were the same.

2.The camera angles used were medium close-up while I was talking to my double and a mid-shot as I was walking away.

3. The most difficult part was making sure that the angles looked like they worked together to seem like there were two of me at once.

4. The most difficult part of editing was making sure that it looked correct and the video flowed together well.

5. The most challenging part was we first tried the cropping technique and were unable to do it just right so we had to restart and reshoot.

6. We could have used more angles to show the dialogue, do video leads and audio leads.

7. My favorite video was the one that had the doubles fighting theirselves. I thought it was very creative and done very well.

8. That we could use video leads to make it seem even better.

10. Stephanie Rigsby | October 23, 2013 at 9:51 am | Reply

1. I did the “Doubles” for my part by shooting in different camera angles and cutting lead audio.
    2. I mainly used medium close up shot, full body shot, establishing shot, POV shot for my part of the video.
    3. We tried to do the cropping technique, but we just couldn’t shoot it perfect like we wanted it so we had to rethink it all; that was really hard.
    4. The hardest editing put was trying to do lead audio, because it just kind of cut it at wrong times and messed up the video.
    5. The most challenging part of the editing phase was trying to keep everything together and not forgetting one little detail that could mess up the video.
    6. We could have used cropping so everyone’s part didn’t look the exact same, used better angles instead of repeating the same ones over and over again, and used more music to get peoples attention.
    7. Mirrors, their video did mess up at times but they did a great job with camera angles. Especially when they “jumped” into the mirror and flipped everything that was great!
    8. MORE ANGLES!!!!

11. Khristian cross | October 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Reply

1.i cropped myself in after keeping the camera in one position for shooting.
    2.i used a full body shot for my 30 seconds.
    3.timing.
    4.again, timing.
    5.in order for the video to sound right the audio must be lined up with the video and the other audio
    6.transitions,music,and better timing
    7.i like the one stormy did, it was deep and I thought that was hilarious.
    8.i could have used more angles and make sure the camera doesn’t move.

12. 1. We cropped the video in half.
    2.close up and long shot.
    3.Getting it to time up right.
    4. Getting it to not look weird when you crop the video.
    5. Getting it to time up right and cropping.
    6. Better camera angles.
    7. Austin’s group because it was funny.
    8. How to use a copy of your self.

13. 1) walked in diff doors and cropped it
    2)close up and long shot
    3) timing the video right
    4) making the crop look like theyre twins
    5) getting the timing right
    6) better timing
    7) connors group
    8) how to put two shots together

14. 1) we had a clone in the mirror.
    2) close up and over the shoulder.
    3) making sure the the timing was right.
    4) making the crop look natural.
    5) making the crop look good.
    6) better angles, better timing, better cropping
    7) wes. it was really funny
    8) more camera angles

15. 1. I played a mentally instable guy in a asylum. I cropped my footage and helped with other peoples doubles.

2. we did POV shots , different angles (low high) , medium shots , establishing-shot , & full-body shot.

3. Not moving the camera and syncing the audio.

4. The audio and video cropping sequence/

5. most challenging part of the editing phase was trying to keep everything together and not mess up the video.

6. We could have used better angles, incorporated more music, and used more angles in the dialogue parts to make our video flow better..

7. My favorite video was the one that had different stories I thought that was cool and different.

8. The music choices could help us more. We could also think differently and go out side the box.

16. 1. We shot the scene twice and then we cropped the two videos together.

2. In my portion of the video we used a 3/4 shot while I talked to myself.

3. The Most difficult part of shooting the doubles scene was setting the camera up and not moving it.

4. The most difficult part of editing the doubles scene was cropping it together.

5. The most difficult part of editing the video was making it flow.

6. We could have taken out unneeded scenes, use audio leads and more angles during dialogue.

7. My favorite video was Career management because I thought it was the most entertaining and was done very well.

8. We could have used audio leads so there wasn’t that silence in between the people talking to each other.

17. Lindsay Marrie | October 27, 2013 at 11:56 am | Reply

1. In my “Doubles” portion of the video I just used camera angles.
    2. I only used medium close up shots in my part of the video.
    3. Making sure everything is in the exact same place was the most difficult for me, especially the camera.
    4. The most difficult part of the editing phase was getting the dialog to flow correctly.
    5. The hardest part of editing the “Doubles was also getting the dialog to flow correctly.
    6. We could have had a group theam instead of individual. We could have made it longer. We also could of had our “Doubles” in the same frame.
    7. I liked the video where their furturistic selves came and talked to them.
    8. I learned thst incorperating different camera angles is a must and makes the video look better.

18. 1. Well we put on camera o a tripod,so it would be steady, then we shot me on one side of the double doors then shot me on the other side and took the crop and put it in the middle.
    2. Wide, medium close up, and full body.
    3: being in th exact place on the other side so it will match up.
    4. Making the crop line disappear.
    5. Cropping, making the lone not be so visible.
    6. Reshot some stuff to match better.
    7. The doubles killing doubles.
    8. Using better angles and fixing that crop line.

19. 1. I did the “doubles” portion of my video by taking multiple shots and pasting one on top of the other.
    2. We used medium close up, extreme close up, and full body angles in our video.
    3. the most difficult part of the “doubles” take was deffinately getting the times down right and making sure the camera stayed in the same place.
    4. The editing part was fairly easy once we got the timing right, but making the shots look even was the most difficult.
    5. The most challenging part of the editing phase was making sure the sound didn’t overlap, spacing everything out.
    6. Three things i could’ve done better was not adding so many different kinds of music, keeping the timing right, and not jumping from angle to angle so quickly.
    7. We haven’t watched the “doubles videos yet. My favorite part of my video was the ending when we all danced to a funny song. It was hilarious.
    8. I learned from my friends portion of our video, to not use so many different angles.

20. 1. We shot the doubles part of my video by using different camera angles and by using leading audio.

2.The camera angles that were used in my video were: long shot, medium shot,medium close up and close up.

3.The most difficult part of shooting the double sequence was trying to make sure we had the right angles and didn’t move the camera too much

4.The most difficult part of editing was trying to make everything flowed smoothly and to line up the audio between the doubles

5.The most challenging part of the editing phase was making sure there were no jump cuts and making it as organized as possible

6.Three things that we could have used to make the video better would be to have more leading audio,used more angles and done some cropping techniques

7.My favorite video was Mirrors because I liked all the different camera angles they used

8.I learned from the other videos to incorporate more music to set the tone

21. 1: we did it by cropping
    2:behind the back
    5) getting the timing right
    8) more camera angles

22. 1)You had to shot one side of the conversation,then time it right and shoot the other side. 2)Our video used over the shoulder and Medium Close Up and close up. 3)Trying to get the timing perfectly sycned. 4)Getting the audio timed perfectly with the video. 5)Using the crop technique to make it fit. 6)We could have used more camera angles,and also timed the crop a little perfect.7)The Runs was my favorite because it was very well done and used great cropping.8)I learned that fixing the crop line makes a huge difference.

23. Blayne Carroll | October 31, 2013 at 9:20 am | Reply

1) we took the croping tecnique to show multiple versions of us on the same set of stairs
    2) over the soulder, medium, close up, medium close up
    3) trying to get the two different videos to sync together and the timing with them.
    4) Geting the audio to be with the right part of the video
    5) making the video match with the other sid when you crop
    6) ading trasnitions to show where we are in the video to not be lost
    7) conner wes and austins ”the runs”
    8) using better and more angles and make sure the crop line is as close to invisible as possible

24. 1. We used a variety of different camera angles and overlaped the audio. 2. Wide Shot, Medium Close Up, POV. 3.The timing of it. 4. Editing the doubles seen was difficul to crop. 5. Making the video flow. 6. To shoot the scenes again and make them not end aprubtly, go back and edit them correctly, use better angles. 7. The Runs, bevause of the timing. 8.Use a variety of angles such as clsoe ups.

25. 1. We used camera angles to make it look like two people were talking to each other.
    2. We used medium shot when I was talking to my double.
    3. The hardest part was making sure the camera angles worked together to make it look like was talking to my twin.
    4. Making sure the video flowed well and didn’t jump very much.
    5. We tried the cropping technique and we were unable to do so we had to reshoot the scene.
    6. We could’ve used more angles, done some of the cropping techniques and have more leading audio.
    7. I liked the mirrors video because I liked the camera angles they used and it was funny.
    8. I learned to use more video and audio leads.

26. Charlie Beshears | November 8, 2013 at 10:53 am | Reply

1) walked in diff doors and cropped it
    2)close up and long shot
    3) timing the video right
    4) making the crop look like theyre twins
    5) getting the timing right
    6) better timing
    7) connors group
    8) how to put two shots together

27. Jeremy Dockery | November 13, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Reply

1. We used many different camera angles to make it seem like there were two of us.
    2. We used mostly full and medium shots.
    3. Making sure the conversations matched up.
    4. Mixing the end conversations to correlate with each other.
    5. Choosing the music.
    6. Used less comedy, planned the scripts more accurately, and used more camera angles.
    7. Super Connor.
    8. Summarize more creatively.

28. Cedric Gilbert | November 19, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Reply

4. The most difficult part of editing the video was making the video flow well.

29. paige Pridmore | November 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Reply

1. we used camera angles and we edited some of it
    2. we shot some of it from our point of view so it looks like were look at our twins
    3. coming up with the camera angles that we were going to use
    4. making sure that it didn’t look weird and making look like they were in the same place
    5. making the flow go good together
    6. Making the story a little clearer
    7. the runs was my favorite video because it was funny and well thought out
    8. better angles

30. 1. For each person .. we did a shot by shot type of thing .. we had to maintain an eye level we basically had someone stand in for each persons double so that the actor/actress would know where to look.
    2.Meidium shots were used for my part of the video.
    3.getting the eye levels to match up take by take.
    4.Trying to get the video to flow with the doubles conversations.
    5.When we were editing , we were trying to put music above our voices , but we couldn’t get the music to be quieter than our voices.
    6. Created a story line that could use all of the doubles, and it would still make sense
    7.Seeing double , Whitley’s group did really good because they had a story line that made sense.
    8.To keep the flow in your videos.

31. Whitley Harris | November 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Reply

1. we cropped it and over lapped the video
    2. we shot at a 3/4 angle
    3.the most difficult part was not moving the camera
    4.the most difficult part for editing was cropping it together
    5.trying to make it flow
    6.we could made it more together than it not making senses in some parts of it
    7.my favorite video was the career management video
    8.we could flowed the audio more than we did

32. 1. We didn’t move the camera at all we just got on both sides and ran up and stood at a spot.
    2. We used medium shots used for some of the video
    3. Getting to make it look like perfect when we cropped in the middle of the screen.
    4. The hardest part had to be making sure everything was lined up when we cropped the video and that the camera didn’t move.
    5. The most difficult part of editing the video was making it flow
    6. Better angles, better timing, better cropping
    7. The Runs was my favorite because it was very well done and used great cropping
    8. I learned you can use more effect and some more camera angles.

33. 1.we used different camera angles
    2.long shots
    3.timing
    4.timing
    5.cropping doubles
    6.camera angles lighting and acting
    7.dreams are real
    8.use better angles

34. 1) The way I did the doubles portion of the video was using cropping, and over the shoulder shots. 2) I used over the shoulder shots, and two shots. 3) The most difficult part of shooting the doubles sequence was keeping the camera still. 4) The most difficult part of editing the doubles sequence was getting the crops to line up. 5) The most challenging part of the editing phase was getting everything to flow smoothly and keeping it form being choppy. 6) I could have taken more care of keeping the camera still, i could have picked better places to shoot, and I could have taken more shots so we would have more options when we edited. 7) My favorite video was “Twins Day” because it was cropped very well. 8) I learned that I can use more effects in my videos.

35. 1. I did the “Doubles” portion of our video using camera angles and screen composition.

4. The most difficult part of editing the video was making the video sync together.

7. My favorite video was the one Miranda’s group did. The story was interesting.