Spill Evaluation #4 – October 18, 2013

Spill Online Evaluation #4 – Oct. 18, 2013  Please use complete sentences.  Responses are due by Oct. 25th.

1.  Describe in your own words the importance of starting The Spill on time.

2.  In your opinion, What are some ways we could improve our time management? Please be honest.

3.  What are some ways we could improve your current position on The Spill?

4.  Critique the current status of the show?  What do we do well?  What areas could we improve?

About the Author

Scott Webb
AV Production Teacher - Walker Valley High School - Cleveland, Tennessee. Host of the WV SportsZone and The Finish Line on Talk 101.3 The Buzz. Scott is married to Jessica, a 3rd Grade teacher at Charleston Elementary, and has two kids: Megan and Tyler (both WVHS graduates). Contact Scott via email - swebb@bradleyschools.org

10 Comments on "Spill Evaluation #4 – October 18, 2013"

1. Ashlyn Williams | October 24, 2013 at 7:55 am | Reply

1. its important to start the show on time because the school is waiting for us to start at 9:45 and we have plenty of time in class to get our jobs done before the show starts. We need to start on time to make sure the whole show is seen by the school.
    2. I think having a time deadline that everything has to be in by. saying that all parts of the show must be completed by 9:30 so we are ensured that we will start on time and have everything completed and in the show.
    3. Ways we could improve the opening segment on the spill is creating a new one every 2-3 weeks, which we haven’t been doing at all; which is partially my fault as well as the other students who have had this position.
    4. I think the show is ok, it could defiantly be improved. I think when we did the WV minute that helped a lot due to having the hosts read through the teleprompter and making sure the show was ready to roll on time. I think areas we could improve are having host read the teleprompter and maybe making sure people are doing their jobs daily.

2. Cameron Bryant | October 24, 2013 at 8:00 am | Reply

1.Well if we don’t start it own time and its a long show like on Fridays we will miss the 9;55 bell and be late to class so if you don’t want to be late we need to start the show on time
    2.Well Weather could be longer if the weather person wanted to make it longer. Right now is just about an 8 minute show on average so it could be longer with more lnterviews
    3.I do the tricaster and I could get people to move faster to get people to get their jobs done
    4. I believe the show is good where it is at it could be a little longer but if the weather would be longer I think we would be ok.

3. Christian Wyatt | October 25, 2013 at 7:24 am | Reply

1) It’s just a priority. We have a set time to deliver announcements to WV and if we aren’t on time due to something that we could’ve helped, we might as well just say, “Just look for the spill around 9:40.”

2) Have a desired goal for each job, and failure to complete said goal would result in a pen alizarin of grade.

3) I’m a host, and I honestly love it. It’s cool to be in there and see how things work. The host position is great.

4) We are overall good at what we do, I think. Perhaps the people who don’t do anything could be more proactive, but even I’ve been guilty of that.

4. sarah kate harris | October 25, 2013 at 7:28 am | Reply

1. The importance of starting the Spill on time includes a few things to me. I believe it is good to start the Spill on time because it makes us look organized.
    2. If we start doing our tasks earlier it will make it easier on everyone.
    3. Trying harder.
    4. Starting earlier

5. 1. when we start the spill on time it makes us look better to be on time and not late.
    2.not sit around on phones and talk. but after everything is done and exported we can talk.
    3.i could check mics earlier than usual.
    4.read better and make sure everything is exported 20 min earlier

6. William Dickinson | November 8, 2013 at 8:20 am | Reply

1.Starting the show early requires insuring that we do our jobs ASAP. When that is accomplished, and when we get an earlier show, we have time to air much more content than what we would with a show that airs at 9:45.

2.Getting here on time and by starting our jobs ASAP.

3.This week I worked with Jordan Joyner on producing a podcast/radioshow for 101.3. A format/template of what type of content is required would clear things up and ramp up productivity since those working would know exactly what’s needed.

4.It’s been a while since we’ve had an interview. We should be pushing out atleast 2 or 3 a week.

7. 1. I believe that starting the Spill on time is one of the most important factors of our job. The show would be a lot better if we could get our jobs done and begin promptly at 9:45.
    2. I think that if we all will show up to this class and take it seriously, we will improve our time management and be able to get our jobs done on time.
    3. My current position could be improved if I got more interviews.
    4. I believe this show is very informative but could be more entertaining. We are only doing what is asked of us, when we should be going above and beyond to achieve a more enjoyable show.

8. tristan edwards | November 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Reply

9. 1. It’s important to start the spill on time because everyone who watches the spill will know when to turn the tvs on. If the show is longer, starting on time gives us more time to play the entire show.
    2. We could improve the time management by having a certain time that everything needs to be done by.
    3. I was a podcast host on this rotation, ways to improve that would be to have a better layout with general ideas and boundaries given to the hosts.
    4. I personally think the spill is good, the only thing that’s really a problem is the cleanup.

10. 1. Timeliness is important in every aspect of life. If you aren’t on time, you’re basically worthless. If someone tries to watch The Spill and it’s not on time, they may never want to watch it EVER AGAIN.

2. We could just do things in the time we’re supposed to be doing them.

3. I could try to make others be more on time, as I am.

4. I think we’re good as far as announcement readings and such. We could do with making a few new commercials.