Final Exam Project – Student Evaluation – Fall 2016

AV I Students:

Please answer the following questions.  Students must answer all questions in complete sentences and use broadcasting vocabulary.  Please use an email address that you currently use.  – Coach Webb

1. List your time, space, and compositional element that you used in your video.
  2. What are some techniques that you have learned this semester?
  3. What are the things that you like about this class?
  4. Name some things that you did not like about the class.  What can we improve on?
  5. Would you consider taking more Broadcasting classes? Why?

About the Author

Scott Webb
AV Production Teacher - Walker Valley High School - Cleveland, Tennessee. Host of the WV SportsZone and The Finish Line on Talk 101.3 The Buzz. Scott is married to Jessica, a 3rd Grade teacher at Charleston Elementary, and has two kids: Megan and Tyler (both WVHS graduates). Contact Scott via email - swebb@bradleyschools.org

26 Comments on "Final Exam Project – Student Evaluation – Fall 2016"

1. 1. flashback , to the north pole , rule of thirds
    2. panning , dolly , camera angles , rule of thirds
    3. being able to run around school and film , editing , not having a due date on assignments
    4. having online tests only for people who don’t have internet service that can make them struggle if you could have both online and paper tests , and evaluation
    5. yes cause I like it and would like to learn how to be a caster

2. Abigail Thompson | December 14, 2016 at 10:56 am | Reply

Time:Flashback of Kelleigh being bullied.
    Video composition: rule of thirds
    2)I learned to use lots of camera angles and I learned the parts to video cameras and etc.
    3)I like my group, the making of the videos and the teacher.
    4)I didn’t like the essays, chapter work sheets and chapter tests.
    5)Maybe but I won’t here because I’m moving.

3. 1. flashback, slow motion and rule of thirds
    2. acting editing and laughter
    3. acting, editing, and laughter
    4. you can’t go to the bathroom
    5. yes because it is really easy class

4. 1) We used slow-motion, rule of thirds, and we spoke of tattoine even though it wasn’t actually there.
    2) Some techniques I have learned are rule of thirds, cutting between people in a conversation, camera angles, and filming a scene multiple times.
    3) Something I like about this class is that it allows us to be creative and experiment.
    4) I think that helpful criticism and advice should be given more often.
    5) I would consider taking another Broadcasting class, because I enjoy making videos.

5. 1)Space:We are in the library, which is on the top floor but then we say we are going upstairs.
    Time:Flashback of Kelleigh being bullied.
    Video composition: rule of thirds
    2) I learned camera angles,the parts of a camera,all the different kinds of connectors and the different kinds of formats.
    3)I like my group, making all of the videos,no due dates and being able to work together on the worksheets
    4)I didn’t like the essays or when I had to work on the worksheets all by myself.
    5)I might because i liked the video projects we did and i liked my friends i had in class.

6. Ashlie Anderson | December 14, 2016 at 11:12 am | Reply

1) We say we are going to go upstairs but we are already up there, we also use a different door. We use rule of thirds and we show a flashback of Kelleigh being bullied.
    2) How to use different camera angles to benefit the video, how to fix the lightness and darkness of the camera.
    3) Being able to choose who we want to work with, having a great teacher and editing videos.
    4) No more chapter and quizzes just keep it the paperwork for the videos and the videos.
    5) That’s the plan. Because I enjoy it so much and also because I want to go into News Reporting.

7. 1. Our time element was flashback, space was traveling to the North Pole, and composition was rule of thirds.

2. Filming the shot from different angles, Using transitions between shots, recording audio separately sometimes are some of the techniques we have learned.

3. I like than this class can be lenient as far as when to work on different assignments. I like being able to use all of campus to film scenes for our videos. I like working in groups on our projects.

4. The paperwork can seem tedious at times but no major complaints. I really enjoyed this class.

5. I would certainly consider taking more broadcasting classes, If I pursue certain interests I have in the future the skills I learn in this class will prove vital.

8. Chandler Tourigny | December 14, 2016 at 11:14 am | Reply

1. We used Flashback, jumped two months, and the rule of thirds.
    2. I’ve learned a lot of camera angles and two to edit videos to my choosing.
    3. Free roam around the school and having the creative side of myself.
    4. There was nothing I did not like in this class.
    5.I would love to take more classes ,because its interesting to see what happens on camera and behind.

9. 1. flashback , to the north pole , rule of thirds
    2. panning , dolly , camera angles , rule of thirds
    3. Learning the steps to film, actually filming and acting.
    4. Nothing I really don’t like. Its all good.
    5. Yes, because im interested in making films.

10. 1. Time: We did a time jump of 2 months.
    Space: We did a flashback.
    Composition: We used rule of thirds.
    2. I learned how to use new video and audio editing programs, how to use green screens, and compositional, space, and time techniques.
    3. I like making and editing videos, and being in a non-strict classroom.
    4. I personally did not like taking the online tests. However, I know that it is required and important to my grade.
    5. Yes, I would. I had a good time in this class and I would like to work more on structured and graded videos so I can further improve.

11. 1) we used slow motion and flashback, we talked about where Tatooine was, and the rule of thirds
    2) the different angles, the dialogue, a lot actually
    3) The people, the projects, and Coach Webb
    4) the only thing I didn’t like was when people pushed me away tbh
    5) yes, because this was so great

12. 1. Flashback, To The North Pole, Rule Of Thirds
    2. Panning, Dolly, Angles, Rule Of Thirds
    3. The process in between shooting different shots.
    4. Group placement.
    5. Yes, because I have a love for video and technology.

13. 1) we used slow motion and flashback, we talked about where Tatooine was, and the rule of thirds
    2)the different angles, how to act, HOW TO WORK A CAMERA
    3)Coach Webb, the people, project
    4)nothing, I loved it
    5)yes, because it was fun

14. 1: Flashback, being on Tatoine, and rule of thirds.
    2: Camera angles, editing, working with a group, the fun projects.
    3: The people, the videos, and Coach Webb.
    4: All the paperwork. Award show at end of year is a must.
    5: Yes, I would like to make this my main elective. It is a very fun and rewarding class, and related to a career I might want to go in to.

15. Austin mcintosh | December 15, 2016 at 10:30 am | Reply

1. Flashback rule of thirds
    2. Camera angles and shooting certain scenes
    3.the people. Videos and coach Webb
    4. Just the paper work
    5.I would

16. 1) Direction, slow motion, rule of thirds.
    2) Rule of thirds, the different camer angles, working with a group.
    3) The process of making videos, working with a group, the freedom that we had in his class helped us complete our projects.
    4) Everything was good we just had a lot of paper work at times.
    5) Yes, it was a very fun class because I enjoy the process of making videos.

17. 1.) slow motion
    2.) different angles, how to edit videos
    3.) the people
    4.) some of the packets we have to do
    5.) yes

18. Jayce Hargraves | December 15, 2016 at 10:42 am | Reply

!.slow motion, rule of thirds, we shot high and low angles
    2. how editing works I learned how to uses a camera correctly and the names of different
    3.filming and editing the vids
    4.the amount of paper work
    5.I may possibly try to continue doing this but at this point in my life I don’t really know what I want.

19. we used different angles and space elimates it was hard but we got it done. i liked this class. dont do anything different.

20. 1.) slow motion
    2.) different angles, how to edit videos
    3.) the people
    4.) some of the packets we have to do
    5.) yes

21. 1. slow motion, rule of thirds, and pointing which way
    2. To keep the man things to the sides and not rather to the middle
    3. Coachs Webbs mercy on us
    4. The paperwork, but you can’t really fix that
    5. Yes because i want to be on the spill

22. 1.slow motion, papaw house then high school 2. i leaned how to edit videos 3.it is fun and I get to work with friends . 4.that it is over 5.yes it was my favorite class.

23. maggie thompson | December 15, 2016 at 11:33 am | Reply

1) The space element we used was direction. The time element was slow motion, and the compositional element was the rule of thirds.
    2) Some techniques I learned were omitting time, using multiple camera angles, and adding certain features to the video such as music to make it more interesting.
    3) Some things that I like about this class is that it keeps you going and doing things pretty consistently,and also getting to learn to shoot and edit videos.
    4) The only thing I didn’t care too much about in this class was the chapter worksheets.
    5)I don’t think I will consider anymore broadcasting classes. It isn’t really what I plan to do in the future.

24. 1. slow motion, rule of thirds and pointing which way
    2. To keep the main things to the sides and not rather to the middle
    3. Coach Webbs mercy on us
    4. The paperwork, but you can’t really fix that
    5. Yes because I want to be on the spill

25. 1 we used slow motion and then we said a direction and then we used the rule of thirds
    2 that many different camera angles make movies better.
    3 I like the filming part of this class.
    4 the paper work but I understand why we have to have it.
    5 probably not because it is not what I am interested in my career.

26. 1.) I used slow motion, rule of thirds, and then chase and Bo shot the ball one direction but the shot with the basketball making it in the goal was a different angle then where they shot it.
    2.) I’ve learned that there are a lot of different camera angles and that’s how they make videos so good. They use a ton of different angles.
    3.) I really enjoyed the editing part. I like being behind the scenes and editing all of our videos and seeing the end product.
    4.) I didn’t really enjoy the packets but I do understand why we had to do them and they did teach me more than I thought they would.
    5.) Yes, I consider probably taking another broadcasting class because I really enjoyed it and enjoyed having class with you. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot more than I expected.